We’re still going strong on Meat Free Week!
Last night’s dinner was a veggie feast. We had a packet of courgettes that needed eating, so we thought it was time to try something a bit different… courgette fritters.
These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, they’re also low calorie and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies if you’ve got anyone a bit reluctant it your household! And the look pretty as a picture, don’t you think?
Also: We can confirm that carnivorous boy ate them up without so much as a grumble about his lack of dead animal products. So that’s a triumph!
- 3 medium sized courgettes, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/5 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 extra egg per person (to serve)
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
- In a large bowl, combine courgettes, flour, Parmesan, garlic and egg; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, it’ll take around 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Top with a fried or poached egg and serve immediately.